Submitted by: Sarah Afram (New York City)
We cannot have a normal Christian life with a lukewarm spirit. Sins, lusts, worldly distractions, and even sleep cool down our spirit, making it lukewarm, so that we prefer the things of the flesh over God’s Word. Therefore, we must fan our cooled-down spirit into flame every morning and keep it burning all day. Then we can express God and overcome the evil one.
We need to be revived every morning. We usually wake up in our flesh. if we are not revived right away, our daily routine hinders us from having a proper time to contact the Lord. This is like the sun melting the Israelite’s daily manna. Without morning revival, we might live in the flesh all day. Therefore, we must rise early every morning to seek the Lord, calling on His name and pray-reading His Word. This is the best time to give Him our love and enjoy His lovingkindness. His new mercies refresh our spirit; His Spirit and word renew our mind. We are satisfied by His mercy: then we rejoice and are glad all day.
Rev. 3:16; 2 Tim. 3:4, Exo. 16:21, Rom. 8:5, 1 John 2:14, Luke 10:40-41, Eph. 4:14, Psa. 119:147, 2 Pet. 1:19, Lam. 3:22-23, Eph.5:26
4 thoughts on “Reviving Every Morning”
Amen! I enjoyed these two crucial points:
“we must fan our cooled-down spirit into flame every morning and keep it burning all day.”
“we must rise early every morning to seek the Lord, calling on His name and pray-reading His Word. This is the best time to give Him our love and enjoy His lovingkindness.”
Amen Lord Jesus! Morning Revival!
Yes it is a must.Amen
Without being revived in the morning, I end up living the whole day in the flesh. Its difficult to contact Him after getting involved with all daily chores. These things pull us down, really melts away the manna. We must co-operate with the Lord and fight against this situation. We must rise up early in the morning and collect our fresh manna! Yesterday I attended a training on the God Ordained way in which the first step is to have a solid time with the Lord every morning in order to be revived. A proper morning revival consists of 7 points – to be followed in life and not in legality.
1. Call upon His Name – as soon as you wake up. Refuse to hear the speaking of the flesh and soul. This will help us turn to our spirit.
2. Pray short prayers- these kindle our spirit!
3. Sing a hymn – or even compose a hymn to the Lord!
4. Privately confess your sins
5. Pray read His Word and use HWMR
6. Now with the Christ whom we have enjoyed, worship the Father
7. Finally intercede according to the divine enlightenment – He interceeds, and the smoke from the incense altar rises to the Throne. Our intercession must be one with His intercession in order for it to rise to the Throne!
Thank You Lord for Your speaking!