Below are links to messages from a blending conference given by brother Ron Kangas in Cambridge, MA in September 2019, as well as a special “Question and Response” session for working saints. The general subject of the conference is “God’s Eternal Purpose Fulfilled and the Divine Economy Consummated by the Overcomers in the Recovered Church.” Seven crucial, sequential, and closely related matters were opened up to help us have a fresh view of the significance of being in the church life in the Lord’s recovery. As a preview to the messages, as covered by the opening word in Message 1, these 7 matters are:
- The will of God: what God wants, based on His heart’s desire (Rev. 4:11).
- God’s purpose (Hymn 1325): God’s determined intention with a plan to fulfill the desire of His heart and to carry out His will.
- The divine economy: God’s arrangement in detail of everything in our environment and world situation to enable Him to dispense Himself into us, to make His home in us, in fulfilling His purpose.
- The universal church: “I will build My church” (Matt. 16:18), which church is inclusive of all the believers throughout all the ages. This is the Body of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23), the Father’s house (John 14), the one new man (Eph. 2:15; Col. 3:10-11), the bride of Christ (Eph. 5:25-29; Rev. 19:7-9; Rev. 21:2, 9-10), the kingdom (Rev. 11:15-17; Dan. 2:34-35).
- The local church: “tell it to the church” (Matt. 18:17), in referring to dealing with a brother. This is something practical, with which you can communicate. The many local churches (one church in one city) constitute the universal church.
- Recovery – the Lord’s recovery: recovery means to return something to its original purpose or condition. When God starts something and sets forth a way to carry out His will and purpose, He will never waver from that, no matter what happens among His people or in the history of the church (e.g. Mark 10:2-9). This is why God needs a recovery today. His will, purpose, and economy can only be carried out in full through the recovered church.
- Overcomers: however, even the recovered church, as typified by the church in Philadelphia (Rev. 3:7-13), does not fully fulfill God’s will, purpose, and economy. The Lord finds no defect in that church, nothing that He has to correct. Nevertheless, He still calls for overcomers in that church (Rev. 3:13). These overcomers do not fulfill these mainly by what they do, but by what they become, what happens to their beings intrinsically.
- Message 1: God’s Eternal Purpose (Audio)
- Message 2: The Overcoming Christ Producing Overcomers in the Recovered Church to Consummate the Divine Economy (Audio)
- Message 3: Experiencing Christ in the Recovered Church (Audio)
- Message 4: Being Constituted with the Processed and Consummated Triune God and Becoming the New Jerusalem (Audio)
- Working Saints Fellowship: Question and Response (Audio)
These audio files are hosted by the church in Cambridge (http://churchincambridge.org/recordings).