Submitted by: A.A. (Cambridge, MA)
It is always refreshing and encouraging to hear the Lord’s speaking concerning specific matters. In the course of my ministry reading I have been in the Life-Study of 2 Corinthians [by Witness Lee]. I happened to read Messages 46-49, which are about how we as believers receive grace to overcome the usurpation of temporal and uncertain riches and participate in the ministry to supply needy saints, as well as how we conduct ourselves in a way that is honorable before God and man. These messages are a treasure! The ministers of the new covenant are fully reconciled to God and serve the saints by an all-fitting life.
Some matters that stood out to me include the following:
1. The more we are reconciled to God and enjoy the fourfold grace, the more we are released from the hold of mammon.
2. Since we receive grace, our giving is not merely a supply of material riches but also a supply of life to the saints for the building up of the Body of Christ.
3. Paul behaved himself in his ministry in a way that took forethought especially in matters related to money. He was careful and considerate and cautious.
4. Our giving is both a gathering and a sowing which results in blessing and thanksgiving.
5. God desires that His people be balanced regarding wealth and the daily supply. If we don’t give and try to store up wealth in excess God will cause the money to fly away In Exodus when the Israelites gathered
manna in the wilderness, those who tried to store up excess found that it bred worms and stank.
May the Lord gain us as new covenant ministers.